Here you can order and buy a carbon tube of any diameter and wall thickness.
The carbon tubes are made by winding carbon fiber, with a glossy twill weave (3k) carbon fabric surface. They are 55% lighter than aluminum, 5 times lighter than steel and 2-2.5 times stronger in tension.
Carbon tubes withstand huge tensile loads, have high pressure and bending resistance, and have a low coefficient of linear expansion.
The use of carbon fiber tubes instead of steel parts can significantly reduce the weight, increase the strength and rigidity of the assembled structure. Carbon tubes are not only light in weight, but also have excellent heat and corrosion resistance, and electrical conductivity.
Carbon fiber tubes lend themselves well to machining: drilling, milling and grinding. Carbon parts are easily glued with epoxy or cyanoacrylate glue.
Carbon fiber (CFRP) tubes are a high-strength material that is used in various fields:
- robotics, design and modeling, aircraft modeling, building radio-controlled copters and unmanned aerial vehicles (beams, crossbars, cases, etc.);
- aviation and rocket science;
- sports equipment;
- underwater and geodetic instruments;
- oars and fishing rods;
- bicycle carbon frames, frames for scooters and strollers;
- medical equipment (canes);
- telescopic equipment.